Lanikai Pillbox Hike

Lanikai Pill Box - located in Kailua. I would rate this hike 8/10, one day my friend and I decided to go on a hike and we decided to do the Lanikai pillbox. I always wanted to go on this hike because I have seen many people posting about this hike. This hike is considered a moderate hike on the All Trails website, after finishing the trail I would consider this hike a moderate as well because it was extremely short but some parts of the trail required climbing up and down the rocks.  

The view from the top is breathtaking, being able to view Lanikai beach and Mokulua Islands. The trail is steep and it would the best option to wear shoes that have good grips. The downside of the hike is the difficulty in finding parking. Since Lanikai is extremely popular amongst the tourists and the locals it can be difficult to find a parking spot near the entrance of the trail. Overall, this hike was rewarding and fun to go on with friends and family. 


Comments

  1. Hi Mina,
    I have seen this place through many of my friends postings too! Though I am not a hiker, but I love to walk around beautiful places like the hike that you shares. I am sure this hike will be in my tour course for friends visiting me in Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hikers and dogs you meet at the hike are so friendly and the view up on the pill boxes are is worth being a mountain goat to get to the top! Hopefully, when you folks hike up there, if the fruit is in season, you can find Dragon Fruit growing around the trail near the top of the pill boxes!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kuliouou Ridge Trail

Waimea Bay Beach Park